Call for Submissions
STRUCTURE OF THE CONFERENCE
|Saturday 22 July - Tuesday 25 July 2017||Pre-conference excursion|
|Tuesday 25 July 2017||Afternoon registration and evening welcome|
|Wednesday 26 July 2017||Formal presentations|
|Thursday 27 July 2017||Formal presentations|
|Friday 28 July 2017||Rehabilitation training course/ erosion field visit/other excursion/s|
The Conference theme for this year is SOUTHERN AFRICAN GEOMORPHOLOGY: PURE AND APPLIED. The conference organisers welcome both papers of a theoretical nature that advance the discipline, or papers detailing case studies addressing industry needs. The following themes have been identified as being of interest for the submission of scientific posters and/or papers:
- Soil erosion and rehabilitation in theory and practice
- Bio-geomorphology: the use of plants to achieve geomorphic (landscape) objectives
- Cold climate geomorphology
- Fluvial geomorphology
- The geomorphology of wetland systems
- Coasts and coastal stability
- Geomorphology in general
Please also bear in mind that work done elsewhere but that could be extended to Southern Africa in some form is also highly welcome.
- All accepted abstracts will be published in both hard copy and electronically. The organisers intend to produce conference proceedings of accepted submissions, but this will not NOT preclude authors from publishing their work in a slightly modified form elsewhere.
- Authors must register for the conference by no later than 31 May 2017 otherwise their presentations will be removed from the official programme.
- No last minute substitution of author/s will be accepted.
- Papers previously published will not be accepted.
|Registration formally opens||30 March 2017|
|Standard registration closes||31 May 2017|
|Late registration closes||25 July 2017|
|Deadline for presenter registration||30 April 2017|
|Abstracts, manuscripts and PowerPoint presentations|
|Deadline for submission of abstracts for papers and posters||31 May 2017|
|Deadline for receipt of PowerPoint presentations||30 June 2017|
You are not currently logged in. You will need a user account to complete the call for submissions form.
- Click here if you do not have a user account yet and would like to create one now.
- Click here if you already have a user account and would like to log in.